ABCFWGR Chapter 81: I'm Back



"Nonsense!" 


"Master Hu is revered by our Li family. It's impossible for him to harm my son!" 


Li Zhengqian erupted in anger, refuting vehemently.


"I saw everything with my own eyes, and the name was spoken by the person himself. I have no reason to hide the truth," Xia Xiaorou, although a bit confused, still spoke truthfully.


"Master Li, I understand your feelings, but I believe Xiaorou wouldn't lie," Ling Feixue said seriously.


She knew Xia Xiaorou's character best and had confidence in her.


Silence!


After a long silence.


Li Zhengqian looked up, his face devoid of sadness, and spoke extremely calmly, "You two can leave now. My Li family will get to the bottom of this matter."


"But I can assure you, Hu Hankang is not the mastermind behind this. There must be someone behind the scenes directing him."


"Regardless of who this person is, I will find them and make them pay!" 


Xia Xiaorou felt his words were inappropriate and was about to say something.


Ling Feixue quickly stopped her with her eyes, then said to Li Zhengqian, "Then we won't disturb you anymore, Master Li. Please accept our condolences."


Li Zhengqian nodded coldly.


As Ling Feixue and Xia Xiaorou walked out of the warehouse, Li Zhengqian's expression instantly became ferocious, staring at the meat paste on the ground without blinking, lost in thought.


...


On the way.


Ling Feixue asked for details.


When she learned that Xia Xiaorou had been unconscious for a period of time, she seemed to grasp the key point.


"Do you think it's possible that Gu Chen instructed Hu Hankang to do this?" 


"Snow Sister, I think you're overthinking it. Gu Chen, that useless waste, how could he?" Xia Xiaorou's face was full of disdain when she mentioned Gu Chen.


"Don't keep calling him useless. Don't forget, you were stunned by him, which shows that his strength surpasses yours," Ling Feixue said helplessly.


Xia Xiaorou blushed and said defiantly, "That was because I was careless. Anyway, I don't think that useless... Gu Chen is capable of doing such a thing."


Ling Feixue shook her head. Xiaorou was good in every way, but her personality was too strong.


Although they didn't continue discussing, they still thought about it. While this incident seemed straightforward, upon closer examination, it couldn't withstand scrutiny.


However, Xia Xiaorou's reasoning made sense.


Ling Feixue also felt that it was unlikely to be Gu Chen. She couldn't help but feel a little ridiculous about her earlier speculation.


...


At the same time.


The shaken Chen family finally returned to their old mansion.


Before they could enter, He Xiumei exploded in anger, slapping Chen Yuwei in public.


"What are you doing?" 


Chen Wantai quickly shielded his daughter behind him.


"Why do you even have the face to ask? If your family hadn't taken in that star of disaster named Gu, would we have suffered like this?" He Xiumei glared angrily.


Seeing her posture, it seemed like she wanted to slap Chen Wantai too.


Sensing this, Chen Wantai backed away with Chen Yuwei.


"We've been ruined by your family!"


"If it weren't for the War God Feixue, we would have been done for. You must give us an explanation."


"Yes, this incident has caused us serious psychological trauma. We should be compensated."


Others also joined in the accusations.


Dozens of servants also unanimously expressed their intention to resign.


They hadn't earned much money, almost lost their lives, and it was too much of a loss.


"Shut up!"


Chen Yude stomped his foot and shouted, "Do you think you haven't caused enough trouble?"

Seeing the old master furious, whether it was the Chen family or the servants, they subconsciously kept quiet.


In the end, it was always the old master who had the final say in the Chen family.


"Get inside, don't stand at the door embarrassing yourselves," Chen Youde said, then took the lead into the house.


However, He Xiumei sang a different tune, "Honey, don't go in. Come back to Mom's house with me, so you won't be implicated by these people again."


"Honey, don't be ridiculous. The matter is already settled," Chen Qianchuan hurriedly said.


He Xiumei sneered, "Although this matter is settled, my matter isn't. My honey and I shouldn't have been beaten for nothing. If there's no explanation, it's not over."


Everyone knew she was referring to last night's incident.


Chen Youde's expression darkened, and he had to stop in his tracks, "What explanation do you want, daughter-in-law?"


"It's simple. Let Jiang Rou bring Gu Chen to apologize to me and my honey," He Xiumei said.


"Daughter-in-law, you're making things difficult. You saw Jiang Rou's attitude yesterday, and besides, Gu Chen is unruly. It's not realistic to ask them to apologize," Chen Youde tried to reason.


"I don't care. I was beaten in your Chen family, so you have to give me an explanation. Otherwise, wait for my family to convene a board meeting," He Xiumei said unreasonably.


She was determined to pinch the Chen family's sore spot and wasn't afraid of them not agreeing.


Chen Youde gave Chen Qianchuan a fierce look.


Chen Qianchuan trembled in fear, pleading, "Wife, we're all family. Don't be so extreme. Let's sit down and discuss it properly."


"Discuss what?"


He Xiumei didn't listen to him and got angry, "Chen Qianchuan, you're just a coward. I regret marrying you. When your wife and son are beaten, you don't dare to say anything. Do you want us to be as pathetic as you?"


"You..."


Chen Qianchuan's face turned extremely ugly, so angry that he couldn't speak.


He Xiumei glared, "What about you? You're just a useless waste. If you have the ability, go and avenge us. If you don't, then shut your mouth!"


"In short, I've said what I needed to say. It's up to your Chen family to handle it yourselves!"


With that, she left without looking back, taking her child with her.


For a moment, there was silence.


No one dared to provoke Chen Youde's anger at this moment.


After a while, Chen Youde gritted his teeth and said, "Eldest, second, come with me."


The remaining people dispersed.


However, when everyone had left, Chen Yuwei was still standing in place, as if stunned by He Xiumei's slap.


...


At this time.


In the luxurious mansion.


Since Gu Chen left, Jiang Rou had been restless, her heart in her throat.


"Aunt Jiang, please sit down and rest. I've already asked a friend for help. Gu Chen will definitely be fine," Liu Hanyan comforted softly.


Actually, she knew very well that even if she didn't contact Ling Feixue, Gu Chen wouldn't be in any danger.


She did this mainly to ease Jiang Rou's mind.


"Miss Liu, I don't doubt you. I'm just worried since Chen didn't come back," Jiang Rou explained.


"I understand. I'm just like you. I also don't want anything to happen to Gu Chen," Liu Hanyan said.


As the two spoke.


Gu Chen happened to reach the door, preparing to open it. He heard every word clearly, feeling warm inside.


The feeling of being cared for and worried about by someone was really nice.


"I'm back!"


Gu Chen pushed open the door, smiling as he looked at the two.


They were momentarily stunned, then rushed up happily, asking about his well-being.


NEXT

Popular posts from this blog

GDYARVE **Chapter 1: So You Guys Think It's Very Simple, Huh!?**

RAAS **Chapter 1: A World Turned Upside Down**