ABCFWGR Chapter 82 Not Leaving


Gu Chen briefly recounted the incident, omitting the bloody scene and attributing all the credit to Ling Feixue.


Unaware of the truth, Jiang Rou expressed great gratitude, repeatedly saying that if there was a chance, she would definitely express her gratitude to the War God Feixue and the like.


Only Liu Hanyan guessed roughly what happened, but being as intelligent as she was, she naturally wouldn't expose Gu Chen's plan.


After staying for a while longer, Liu Hanyan took her leave.


"Miss Liu, why don't you stay and finish your meal before leaving?" Jiang Rou insisted.


"Mrs. Jiang, I still have some matters to attend to. I'll definitely come by next time and taste your cooking properly." Liu Hanyan politely declined.


"Alright then, it's settled. Gu Chen, would you please escort Miss Liu?" Jiang Rou didn't insist further.


Gu Chen and Liu Hanyan walked out of the house.


Jiang Rou watched their figures recede and felt they were quite compatible, yet she also felt a sense of regret.


Chen'er is such a good child. Why can't Yuwei see that?


But she also understood that matters of the heart couldn't be forced.


Jiang Rou sighed.


"You won't blame me for taking the liberty of informing Ling Feixue, will you?" Liu Hanyan asked cautiously.


Gu Chen shook his head. "No, that's fine. Ling Feixue's appearance actually helped me out and saved me from having to come up with excuses. Also, thank you for accompanying Mrs. Jiang."


"As long as I didn't cause you trouble. No need to escort me, you should go back and accompany Mrs. Jiang. She's been worrying about you the whole time and almost got scared to death." Liu Hanyan said with some envy.


The kind of worry Mrs. Jiang had for Gu Chen was something she had never felt in the Liu family.


Back inside the house,


Gu Chen accompanied Jiang Rou for dinner in the spacious dining room, radiating warmth and homeliness.


Halfway through the meal, Jiang Rou's phone rang. It was Chen Wantai calling.


Jiang Rou was still angry about him mentioning divorce, so she directly hung up the phone.


Besides, the whole Chen family had just experienced being tied up, so calling at this time certainly wouldn't be pleasant. She didn't want to spoil the mood of the meal.


But Chen Wantai seemed relentless, calling back immediately after she hung up.


It was as if he wouldn't give up until she answered.


Gu Chen didn't feel it was his place to comment on such matters.


Jiang Rou couldn't stand the annoyance and answered, "Chen Wantai, why do you keep calling me? What do you want?"


"It's only been a day since we separated, and you don't even want to answer my calls anymore. Jiang Rou, you're truly heartless." Chen Wantai was also full of anger.


He and Chen Qianchuan had just been severely reprimanded by Chen Youde.


He gave them strict orders to make sure Jiang Rou took Gu Chen and went to apologize to He Xiumei.


He didn't allow, nor did he want to see the He family appear in the board meeting of the Chen Group.


"I've become heartless because of you. Today's incident happened suddenly, the divorce didn't go through, so let's meet tomorrow at the Civil Affairs Bureau. Be there or be square." Jiang Rou said defiantly.

"I won't divorce you just because you want it! This marriage isn't ending!" Chen Wantai roared.


"Why are you so fickle? You were the one who brought up divorce, and now you say you won't go through with it?" Jiang Rou felt like crying out of frustration.


After being married to him for decades, he suddenly brought up divorce, breaking Jiang Rou's heart. She was determined to go through with the divorce.


And now he's changing his mind at the last minute, it's really outrageous!


"That's right, even if you beg me, I won't divorce you. I'll just drag it out," Chen Wantai gritted his teeth.


"You..." Jiang Rou was too angry to speak.


At this moment, Chen Qianchuan's impatient voice came through the phone to Chen Wantai.


"Big brother, stop talking about this trivial matter between you two and focus on the important stuff."


"Why are you rushing me? I was just about to talk about it, and you interrupted me. Get lost."


Then, Chen Wantai cleared his throat and said, "Jiang Rou, let's put aside the divorce for now. The reason I called you is to ask you to take Gu Chen and go apologize to the second daughter-in-law..."


"You lunatic!" Jiang Rou didn't let him finish and cursed before hanging up the phone directly.


Gu Chen scooped some vegetables into her bowl and comforted her, "Aunt Jiang, getting angry easily will give you wrinkles. Let's eat."


"I'm so angry that I'm already full, I can't eat anymore." Jiang Rou said dejectedly.


At this point, Chen Wantai started bombarding her with phone calls again.


Jiang Rou was extremely annoyed and wished she could throw her phone away.


Chen Wantai seemed to have guessed that Jiang Rou wouldn't pick up again, so he changed tactics and sent a text message instead.


【I'm under strict orders from the old man to have you and Gu Chen go apologize to He Xiumei. I'm doing this for Yuwei's sake. Do you want to see our daughter being removed from the position of CEO?】


The screen lit up, and Gu Chen happened to see the message, narrowing his eyes with a hint of danger.


He had thought that it was just about Jiang Rou and Chen Wantai's divorce, so he deliberately didn't eavesdrop, but he didn't expect there would be more to it.


The Chen family was really delusional to think they could force him and Jiang Rou to apologize. It was absurd. In his dictionary, there was no such thing as apologizing.


As expected.


Seeing that this matter was related to his daughter, Jiang Rou became nervous and quickly replied to the text message.


Gu Chen pretended not to have seen anything, not wanting Jiang Rou to be caught in the middle.


"Aunt Jiang, I'm going upstairs to rest. You should rest early too."


"Go ahead. I'll tidy up and rest in a while."


Jiang Rou forced a smile.


...


The next day.


Near noon.


The current head of the He family, He Yuan, arrived at a hotel accompanied by his secretary.


"He Yuan, you're too impatient. Couldn't you wait until tonight to come?" 


"It's broad daylight. What if someone sees us? My wife would kill me!"


The secretary snuggled into He Yuan's arms, playfully hitting his chest.


He Yuan grabbed her incoming small fist, smirked, and said, "It's all because of you, little vixen, dressing like this and seducing me in the office. How can I resist?"


As he spoke, he gave her a playful smack on the thigh.


The secretary let out a yelp, then coquettishly complained, "Look at you, I just like your anxious appearance."


"Haha, you little vixen, I like you too! I even took a blue pill today just for you. I'll make sure you can't resist." He Yuan grinned slyly.


Until they entered the hotel room, neither of them noticed they had acquired a tail.


About a few minutes later.


Indescribable screams echoed from the room, audible throughout the corridor.


A man wearing a duckbill cap went over and knocked on the door, cursing, "Is someone dead in there? Can you keep it down?"


Before he finished his words, heavy footsteps were heard from inside the room.


He Yuan, unable to dress in time, only put on a bathrobe, angrily swung open the door, ready to curse.


But before he could speak,


Suddenly, everything went black before him, and then he was knocked down to the ground.


NEXT

Popular posts from this blog

GDYARVE **Chapter 1: So You Guys Think It's Very Simple, Huh!?**

RAAS **Chapter 1: A World Turned Upside Down**