ABCFWGR Chapter 72: Really Leaving
Chen Qianchuan initially wanted to play dead.
After all, he still needed to cooperate with Fuliu Pharmaceutical and curry favor with Gu Chen.
However, upon hearing the words "divorce," he panicked immediately and hurriedly threw himself next to He Xiumei.
"Wife, we can't divorce!"
He Xiumei spat on his face, yelling, "Don't think I don't know what you're up to."
"You're afraid of getting divorced, afraid that you won't be the second largest shareholder of the Chen Group anymore. Let me tell you, if you don't stand up for me and our son today, this marriage is over!"
Chen Qianchuan's face turned extremely ugly.
"Second Brother, what... what does she mean?"
Suddenly, Old Master Chen noticed something was wrong and slammed the table.
Chen Qianchuan's eyes were evasive, not daring to meet his gaze.
"Humph!"
"If he doesn't dare say it, I will!"
"The second largest shareholder of the Chen Group is no longer him but our He family!"
He Xiumei climbed up mockingly.
With a sinister and resentful gaze, she never left Gu Chen.
"What... what?!"
Hearing this, the old master's figure swayed, almost falling down.
Chen Wantai, who was closest to him, hurriedly rushed over to support him, pointing at Chen Qianchuan and scolding, "Second Brother, what have you done behind the family's back? Speak up quickly. Do you want to anger Dad to death?"
Chen Qianchuan remained silent.
"Old thing, don't you know? Your son Chen Qianchuan has long lost all his shares due to gambling. If it weren't for my family taking over and paying to redeem him, he might have died in the gambling den long ago." He Xiumei said with revenge.
Boom!
With this statement, the old master's blood pressure soared, almost passing out.
"Beast!"
"You're the beast!"
"How did I, Chen Youde, give birth to such a thing like you!"
The old master was heartbroken, wishing he could strangle Chen Qianchuan to death.
Chen Qianchuan remained silent, standing still pretending to be dead.
But He Xiumei ignored all of this and threatened, "Today, if I can't vent this anger, then nobody will be okay. I'll immediately notify my family, convene a board meeting, and ruin your Chen Group."
She was very malicious, deliberately forcing the pressure onto Jiang Rou's body.
Next, she would use Jiang Rou to force Gu Chen to submit.
This anger must be vented!
"Chen, you should leave now," Jiang Rou's face changed drastically, guessing her sinister intentions, and hurriedly pushed Gu Chen towards the door.
Seeing this scene, He Xiumei became anxious and pressured again, "Old man, it seems you still don't know how powerful my family is. Don't blame me for calling them right now."
With that, she made a move to take out her phone.
"Hold on!"
The old master quickly raised his hand to stop her, gesturing for her to calm down, then turned to Jiang Rou and said, "Eldest daughter-in-law, you..."
He opened his mouth several times and then closed it again, unable to say the words behind.
"Dad, I know what you want to say."
Jiang Rou also spoke out, "But you're asking me to apologize and make Gu Cheng submit. I will never allow it!"
Gu Chen was stunned, not expecting Aunt Jiang to have this side to her.
"Shut up!"
Chen Wantai nervously exclaimed, "Why are you causing trouble!"
A hint of weakness flashed in Jiang Rou's eyes, but she quickly regained her resolve and said in a deep voice, "The scene of you and Yuwei bullying Chen over still echoes in my mind."
"That time, I didn't stand up, nor could I protect Chen, but I absolutely won't allow the same thing to happen again!"
Chen Wantai's face was full of astonishment, not understanding how his wife, who was usually gentle, could become like this.
Yes!
Jiang Rou's nature was indeed gentle and easy to bully.
But they all overlooked one thing, that is, "A woman may be gentle, but as a mother, she's tough"!
Standing tall against adversity, daring to climb without support.
Jiang Rou regarded Gu Chen as her own son, so how could she allow him to be humiliated?
It was maternal love that gave her great courage.
"Chen, you should leave now," Jiang Rou continued to push Gu Chen out, not letting him stay in this place of controversy.
"Aunt Jiang, if I leave, have you thought about what you'll face next? Everyone's anger will be directed at you alone. Do you think I will leave?" Gu Chen softly reassured.
Jiang Rou naturally understood, but she just smiled and said, "Silly child, we're all family. They won't make things difficult for Aunt Jiang. You don't need to worry about me. Go quickly."
Gu Chen looked at the Chen family behind her.
Every person, when met with Gu Chen's gaze, lowered their heads in shame.
Obviously, they couldn't do as Jiang Rou said. Even Chen Wantai, who had shared a bed with her for decades, chose silence at this moment. For the sake of the family, nothing couldn't be sacrificed.
Moreover, Gu Chen was just an "outsider" who hadn't contributed anything to the family.
"Don't act like you have deep feelings for me. I just have one question: are you going to help me or her?" He Xiumei asked aggressively.
Old Master Chen sighed heavily, "Eldest, it's up to you to handle it!"
After all, he was the patriarch, and he couldn't lose face.
Chen Wantai was extremely unwilling, but he had no choice. He looked at Jiang Rou and said, "Wife, you saw it yourself. It's not a big deal to apologize, you can't just watch our Chen family face destruction!"
Was he playing the emotional card now?
Gu Chen found it ridiculous.
Jiang Rou reiterated, "I can apologize, but Chen must not bow his head!"
"Well..."
Chen Wantai was suddenly at a loss.
Beside him, although Old Master Chen didn't speak, he coughed heavily, indicating his clear intention.
Chen Wantai didn't dare to disobey and said with a heavier tone, "Jiang Rou, I'm not discussing this with you. Whether you're willing or not, Gu Chen must apologize to Second Brother's wife, otherwise..."
"Otherwise, we'll also divorce!"
After struggling for a long time, there was really nothing threatening to use, so he could only resort to using divorce as a threat.
These words were like a thunderbolt to Jiang Rou's ears.
Two clear tears slid down her cheeks.
"Chen Wantai, after decades of marriage, you actually want to divorce me?" Jiang Rou's heartache twisted into a knot.
Chen Wantai also knew he had said the wrong thing and hurriedly explained, "Wife, you know I didn't mean that. I just want you to apologize to them, it's not a big deal. Why are you so stubborn?"
"No need to explain!"
Disappointed, Jiang Rou shook her head, "Today, I finally understand that to your Chen family, I am dispensable."
"They don't know that I treat Chen as my own son. Don't you know? You first forced him out of the house, and now you're forcing him to apologize."
"I'm telling you, forget about it. Even if we divorce, I won't let Chen bow his head!"
Gu Chen knew how much she valued family, and while deeply moved, he also felt sorry: "Aunt Jiang..."
Jiang Rou interrupted him: "Chen, you don't need to persuade me. Not only for you, but also for myself. Anyway, I've had enough, and no one can force us."
Rome wasn't built in a day!
Chen Wantai didn't expect Jiang Rou to be so resolute. He wanted to salvage the situation, but couldn't swallow his pride.
With so many people present, if he bowed to his wife, he would have no face left.
So, with a black face and clenched fists, he said, "Jiang Rou, I'll ask you one last time, do you really want to divorce me?"
NEW novel: Super Almighty System Chapter-1
NEXT