GDYARVE **Chapter 73: E3 Game Expo**
**Chapter 73: E3 Game Expo**
“Old Thief, are you planning to attend this year's E3 Game Expo?” Ivan asked, looking at the exhibition information in his hand.
Every mid-June, the E3 Game Expo is held in Los Angeles, USA. E3, the Electronic Entertainment Expo, is the largest annual commercial exhibition in the video game industry and the third largest game convention.
The expo showcases all the important works of computer and console games of the year. Since its first event in 1995, E3 has never missed a year and has long become a grand event in the global electronic entertainment industry.
Every year, the expo attracts the attention of many exhibitors and players, with participants flocking to it.
E3 provides a great opportunity for interaction between game industry manufacturers and players. Gathering all parties together to explore business opportunities, it clearly outlines the rhythm and future development of the global electronic entertainment industry. It is honored as the "Oscars of the gaming world" and is followed by countless game manufacturers and players.
“E3, huh?” Ye Feng was slightly taken aback. Although he was in the game development circle, he hadn’t paid any attention to the game expo last year.
“If you participate, I’ll register your name. Microsoft will only take a little time to discuss the next-gen console; the rest of the time is yours to manage as you wish,” Ivan said with a chuckle.
In the past, their company had participated in E3 by arranging their game studios to announce some news.
There was no strong atmosphere, no large-scale game demonstrations, and nothing particularly eye-catching.
After receiving the E3 invitation this time, Ivan immediately thought of Sprout Studio, planning to give all the time to them.
Ye Feng felt a bit dazed. Unknowingly, a year had passed.
From graduation until now, he had become a somewhat famous game developer.
“Old Thief?”
“Alright, I’ll participate. I’ll start preparing.”
In the following days, Ye Feng discussed with Ivan what to prepare for this year’s E3 Game Expo. Besides the actual gameplay demonstration and release date of *Bloodborne*, Ivan hoped he could reveal some information about the next-gen console's launch title.
“If possible, I hope you can have some pictures or other content...” Ivan said softly.
He had forgotten about the E3 Game Expo before, and now it was already early June, with only a little over ten days left until the expo.
He knew time was tight. “If it’s really not ready, it’s okay if there’s no relevant content.”
“No problem, I can put together a trailer for display,” Ye Feng smiled.
Since agreeing with Ivan, he had already started working on *Dark Souls*, and some substantive content was ready to be shown.
“Ah? You already have a trailer?” Ivan was stunned, Ye Feng’s speed seemed unreal.
In the past, when he asked his own game studios, their responses were always vague, like ‘working on it, working on it…’
Only when pushed hard did they produce some concept models or other materials.
Just now, he hoped Ye Feng could provide a poster-like cover, but Ye Feng told him he could already produce a trailer.
“...” Ivan took a deep breath, unable to express his feelings in words.
He could only think of a term often used by Daxia netizens. “Whoa! Awesome!”
Lacking words, he could only use "whoa" to describe it.
Speaking with Ivan, his Daxia language was not very fluent, with a slightly awkward accent.
He could communicate normally, but when he said that term, it was rare that he pronounced it perfectly.
Ye Feng: Have you been in Daxia so long, and that's all you learned?
…
“E3? What’s E3?”
Xbox immediately announced that Sprout Studio would represent Xbox at E3, making Yinzi curious enough to search online.
“Whoa, how did I not know about such a large game expo before?” He scanned the related introductions.
The comment section burst into laughter,
‘Previous game expos didn’t seem interesting, it’s normal not to know about it.’
‘Without Old Thief, I also wouldn’t find this expo interesting.’
‘If it weren’t for Old Thief, I wouldn’t even know about this thing!’
‘If Old Thief hadn’t been born, the world would be in eternal night. I used to find other games interesting, now I just wait for Old Thief’s new works.’
‘+1’
…
After reading the comments, everyone realized that since meeting Old Thief, they really hadn’t touched other games.
It’s not that they didn’t want to play; they simply had no time to play.
It took a lot of time just to clear the games, let alone constantly challenging themselves in subsequent games.
Barely catching a breath, his second game would be released right after.
Historically, players urged developers for new content, but this was the first time a developer was urging players to play new games.
Old Thief’s actions were a subtle mockery of everyone present. “Is this it? You dare call this very easy?”
“Let me see, wow! You can even buy tickets to attend in person. I’m not short of money, I’ll go!” Yinzi said with a grin, clicking the purchase page.
“I’ve never attended an expo before and don’t know what it’s like. This time, I’ll gain some experience…” He laughed at the screen.
He moved his mouse to the purchase page, where he needed to register and fill in information.
After completing all the steps and returning to the purchase page, the original “Buy” button was grayed out, with two bright red words next to it.
Sold out!
At that moment, Yinzi stared at the screen, motionless, his entire livestream frozen in place.
‘Hilarious, frozen from anger.’
‘Fortunately, I saved my info and bought a ticket.’
‘Friendly reminder: this is not a frozen screen.’
‘Are your hands that fast? The tickets are gone.’
‘I’ve been gaming for a long time, my hand speed isn’t a joke!’
…
“No worries, can’t go, then I can’t go.” Yinzi took a deep breath and waved it off. “It’s just a game expo.”
“Let’s play a game, continue with our four bindings and five gates.” He forced a smile.
He expressionlessly opened the game, locking his nail and soul.
He was now at the second binding.
Half an hour later, after his character died again, he pounded on his keyboard, the stream filled with the keyboard's painful clacking as Yinzi vented his frustration.
Knowing he was upset, the comments got even more teasing,
‘Midnight, the boss wakes up suddenly, slapping his thigh, why can’t I go!’
Goodnight, goodnight.
**(End of Chapter)**