GDYARVE # Chapter 65: He... Is a Gentle Person
# Chapter 65: He... Is a Gentle Person
Perhaps it was seeing her appearance, or maybe it was the emotional outburst after the game. Players also seriously wrote their reviews after her.
**[Grandma said, "Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between stubbornness and determination, isn't it?"]**
**[Why climb the mountain? Because it's there. Madeline is climbing, and so are we. After countless deaths and achievements gained through time, at the moment we reach the summit, both we and the protagonist feel that the effort was worth it.]**
**[System default positive review for Madeline’s long silence.]**
**[Story begins on side A, gameplay starts on side B, and torture begins on side C.]**
**[A simple platformer without platforms.]**
**[Perhaps the meaning of life is really just this: empty, lonely, but all of this seems to be the meaning itself.]**
**[Let's end it here; I too am going to climb the Celeste Mountain of my life.]**
...
Originally, everyone thought Ye Feng only made torturous games, but this time, while torturing, he also healed everyone's hearts.
"Old thief, you're incredible!" Ai Wen shouted on the phone. Game sales were skyrocketing, and each new game continuously boosted console sales.
"Old thief, tell me honestly, do you like that girl?" Ai Wen seemed to have thought of something. "I know a few good doctors. I consulted them, and they said her condition can be treated, it just takes time."
"I just don't want to see a good friend so sad," Ye Feng shook his head. "Please take care of the doctors. I'll arrange for her to get treatment."
In his previous life, after learning about the untimely death of the young girl, Ye Feng was very depressed for a while. That helpless feeling of witnessing a friend's death. Now, seeing her face the same fate, Ye Feng simply wanted to lend a hand.
"You are indeed the gentlest designer in the world, developing a game to save a friend."
"You're the only one creating happiness with heart," Ai Wen nodded seriously. "Don't worry, contacting the doctors is my responsibility. You just focus on making games."
After hanging up the phone, Ye Feng was silent for a long time. Misunderstood by Ai Wen, he could only silently and helplessly say, "Thank you."
Not only Ai Wen analyzed why Ye Feng suddenly made a game like Celeste, even players speculated about it. An online poll appeared:
"What kind of person do you think the old thief is?"
Eighty percent of players voted for gentle.
"Although the old thief is gentle, it doesn't stop me from thinking he's both gentle and sneaky!"
"It must be wonderful to be the old thief's friend!"
"Being the old thief's player is also great. This has been the happiest year of my gaming life!"
"I don't know what the future holds, but when I have kids, I'll definitely let them play Celeste! I'll let them play all the old thief's games. I'll tell them, this is what a game is, this is the ninth art!"
"If your kid starts dating early, let him play Overcooked with his girlfriend; that relationship will definitely end!"
...
When Ye Feng told Xie Lingjiang about the doctor's arrangements, she was stunned, then nodded in surprise.
"Okay, I'll go."
"Yeah, don’t consider this a burden. From today, the company has also set a new benefit. The profits from Celeste will go into a separate account. If any employee faces similar accidents and financial difficulties, they can apply to use this fund."
"Yes, I know." Xie Lingjiang nodded. She had seen the latest announcement this morning.
"You really are a gentle person, as the players say," she smiled.
Ye Feng turned and left without another word. Facing someone saying these things directly made him uncomfortable, his whole body felt awkward, and goosebumps erupted.
Why is everyone like this, saying such cheesy things to his face! Watching him slink back to his office, the whole studio burst into laughter.
"If you all keep this up..."
Ye Feng, looking at the online comments, felt a headache. He could laugh at players calling him sneaky, but he couldn't handle them calling him gentle.
"I heard the old thief got shy and uncomfortable, but everyone is just stating facts!"
"I get it now. Some people can't be scolded; they need to be won over with kind words, right, gentle old thief?"
"Seems like we found a weak spot, joy!"
"Here's a joke: the old thief opens his computer to check the latest game reviews and gets a ten thousand point critical hit right at the start!"
...
But just as everyone was laughing, Shark Platform suddenly opened a Black Star live stream. Officially verified, it was clearly labeled as "not live by the person."
The live stream was closed, but the comments had already flooded the screen.
"What kind of live stream is this? The old thief's personal stream?"
"Old thief, what are you up to?"
"Are you looking to be praised by everyone face to face?"
"What is this stream for?"
...
While everyone was discussing, the screen suddenly lit up, showing a simple computer desktop.
"Cough, so many people~" The host’s voice was surprised.
"You can call me Old Ye. I’m streaming to let you try out the new game developed by Sprout Studio." The man's voice was slightly old and weary as he clicked on a game icon on the screen.
The Call of the Wild.
"??? Another new game?"
"Is it completed? Why not release it?"
"Trial play, what trial play? The old thief's games are always masterpieces, no bugs, release it already."
"Old Ye, how long until this game is released~~"
...
The barrage instantly flooded in, and Old Ye randomly picked a few comments to explain, "He just said to let me play, didn’t mention a release date."
"As for why live stream, I didn't want to. I'm old, why stream? But Ye Feng said, just play the game while streaming."
"He said he wants to piss you off." Ye Feng's dad couldn't help but laugh here. Being the boss of a game company yet still acting like a kid.
And shouldn’t he treat players seriously? Yet he dares to say such things. Initially, he reprimanded Ye Feng to speak properly, but Ye Feng assured him it was okay and that he should indeed provoke them.
There are two more chapters for everyone to read in the morning. I wanted to write Celeste seriously, so it took a while; it’s truly a great game.
(End of chapter)