GDYARVE # Chapter 57 Three Stages of Life

 # Chapter 57 Three Stages of Life


Now, they finally realized their child had indeed made quite a bit of money.


Beside him, Ye Feng’s father remained silent for a long time before giving Ye Feng a heavy pat on the shoulder, “You’ve grown up!”


His son’s shoulders suddenly seemed broader, capable of standing in front and shielding against the oncoming storm.


When he was young, he dreamed of one day achieving success, but reality cruelly knocked him down. Life, like a small boat in a storm, swayed uncertainly in the sea, yet it steadfastly sailed toward the harbor called home.


In his youth, he heard that a man’s life had three stages:

The first stage is to shamelessly earn money,

The second stage is to use the money to buy dignity,

The third stage is to earn money based on that dignity.


After growing up, maturing, and starting a family, he realized that there were no three stages for him; his life had only one stage: the first stage.


He felt another version was more fitting for ordinary people like him:

Accepting the mediocrity of his parents, accepting his own mediocrity, and then accepting the mediocrity of his children.


Now, he was ready to accept his son living a modest life, earning some money, marrying a girl he likes, and living a peaceful life.


When the joy of seeing his son succeed fell upon him, it felt unreal.


The joy hidden deep inside him was like bubbles rising rapidly from the depths of the sea, bubbling up vigorously.


Ye Feng’s father quickened his pace, rubbing his eyes unconsciously.


Ye Feng’s mother initially froze slightly, then smiled gently.


“By the way, how are you going to make that hunting game?” His father’s voice came from ahead, sounding a bit hoarse.


“You’ve never hunted before. Can you really make it? I’ve never played games, but I think those who do would want to experience a realistic game environment.”


“I’ll do my research. Besides, I have you!” Ye Feng chuckled.


“Just tell me what you know about hunting. I can definitely use it!”


“What do I know!” His father laughed and scolded. After all these years, he had forgotten most of it.


“Just tell me, and I’ll do the rest of the research myself!”


“I don’t know much, just a little. You’ll have to do the rest yourself. If I say something wrong, you’ll have to correct it,” his father said, his eyes shining.


Just now, he felt lighter and quicker on his feet.


During the New Year, Ye Feng’s father tried playing the game Ye Feng made.


He had thought all the burdens had disappeared and that nothing in the world could make him angry or troubled anymore.


After playing those games, he realized that life indeed had three stages: having children brought troubles, just recently his son took away those troubles, and in no time, his son brought new troubles back.


“Is this the game you made?” He couldn’t help but want to slam the table in anger.


He had lived a life of virtue, never doing anything wrong. How could his son make such a game?


Ye Feng: ...


Ye Feng’s mother: This game “Getting Over It” makes my heart ache just watching your father play. Thank goodness he doesn’t have heart problems.


Ye Feng: ...I told him not to play it. He insisted on trying...


He felt very wronged. He had repeatedly told his father not to play, but his father stubbornly wanted to try and understand his son’s work.


“Tell me honestly, have you ever been beaten up when you go out?”


“Players are quite polite. If we meet in real life, they just ask for a photo.” Ye Feng smiled politely. People vent their anger on the keyboard. Who would hit someone?


“Shall we try another game? The others aren’t as frustrating...”


“Although it’s a bit infuriating, I think it’s just because I don’t understand it.” His father shook his head. “People like your games, so there must be reasons why they do.”


Being older, he really wanted to fit in, but there was always a generational gap.


“You’ve made something of yourself now, and I’m very gratified. Compared to Uncle Xie, I’m already very happy.”


“Uncle Xie?” Ye Feng was taken aback, memories surfacing from both his past and present lives...


“Do you remember Xie Lingjiang, who you used to play with when you were little? A fire burned half her body. Though she survived, her skin and face were severely damaged.” His mother’s slightly regretful voice came from the kitchen, her sighs mixing with the sound of chopping vegetables.


Ye Feng had moved with his parents from their hometown to this small county when he was young. His parents had hoped to make a better life.


But they only moved from one place to another without significant change.


“Last year, her house caught fire... so she came to this city for treatment. Renting in the city was too expensive, and since she’s almost recovered, they rented a place here in our county.”


“I ran into her a few days ago... sigh...”


...


Ye Feng’s thoughts drifted. He remembered that the girl had a similar experience in his past life.


When he returned home after graduation, perhaps because he was struggling, his parents didn’t mention it.


By the time he found out she had moved nearby, her spirit had already collapsed.


He received the news of her death soon after.


They were childhood friends, but in that moment, everything felt meaningless.


Young people often feel a sense of invincibility.


When he received the news of her death in his previous life, he felt as if he had woken from a dream.


As children, they had held hands, saying, ‘We are the best of friends.’


“Dad, I want to visit her,” Ye Feng said, lifting his head.


“Go see her. Cheer her up. She hasn’t left the house for six months. She’s living upstairs, in apartment 403.” His mother sighed. Anyone would be devastated by such an experience.


Ye Feng bought some New Year gifts and knocked on the door upstairs.


“Hello, is anyone home?”


It was two in the afternoon, but there was no response.


Ye Feng knocked again. His mother had said the girl hadn’t left the house in six months.


Standing at the door, holding the New Year’s gifts, he felt lost and confused, perhaps because he knew the future.


He vaguely understood that her death was due to extreme isolation...


If anything could reach her closed-off heart, Ye Feng believed it might be a game.


He thought of a game, “Celeste.”


The game didn’t involve any grand missions or saving the world. The whole story was about an ordinary person trying to complete an ordinary challenge.


Only one update tonight... I’ve been sitting in the car for too long at home. Tomorrow, I’ll make up for it with four chapters before midnight.


(End of this chapter)


NEXT

Popular posts from this blog

GDYARVE **Chapter 1: So You Guys Think It's Very Simple, Huh!?**

GDYARVE # Chapter 53 Run Quickly!