ABCFWGR Chapter 88: Are You Even Making Sense?
##
"Second brother!"
Chen Wantai hurriedly tried to pull him back.
But Chen Qianchuan's legs seemed motorized as he suddenly darted forward.
So fast that there wasn't even time for a warning.
"It's over! Second brother is in trouble!"
Chen Wantai sighed.
"Outrageous!"
"Even if second brother is reckless, at least he dares to act. You don't help and have the nerve to make sarcastic comments!"
Chen Youde glared in displeasure.
"Dad, you've misunderstood me. It's not that I don't want to help, but Gu Chen knows martial arts. Even if I go, I'll be useless."
Chen Wantai defended himself.
"You..."
"Then why didn't you say something earlier? You should've stopped him, or are you not ashamed enough of our family's reputation?"
Chen Wantai's face stiffened.
"Second brother ran too fast; I had no chance to speak!"
Chen Wantai felt wronged.
By this time, Chen Qianchuan had already caught up to Gu Chen, slowing his steps to prepare for a sneak attack.
Seizing the moment, he clenched his fist and aimed at Gu Chen's back.
"Bang!"
A dull sound followed by a scream.
Chen Qianchuan landed on his back, lying spread-eagle on the ground, shouting in pain.
If Gu Chen were an ordinary person, he might have succeeded in his sneak attack.
Unfortunately, Gu Chen wasn't ordinary. Not even a master like Hu Hankang could successfully sneak up on him.
The moment Chen Qianchuan approached, Gu Chen had already noticed but pretended otherwise.
"Are you Rainie's uncle? Why sneak up on us?" Wu Anqi asked in surprise.
"What sneak attack? I acted openly!" Chen Qianchuan stubbornly lied.
Wu Anqi pouted, her expression clearly saying, "I don't believe you."
Gu Chen just looked coldly, saying nothing.
At this moment, Chen Wantai and Chen Youde also arrived.
"Anqi, why are you here? And with Gu Chen?" Chen Wantai asked.
"Uncle Chen, you're here too. I came to discuss a collaboration with Rainie, but when I arrived, I saw people smashing things inside, so I didn't dare enter. When I saw someone attacking Rainie, I called Gu Chen for help," Wu Anqi explained.
"Rainie was attacked?"
Chen Wantai was both anxious and heartbroken. He then glared at Gu Chen with disdain and said, "Anqi, it's good you found someone to help, but don't you know those inside are from the He family? Calling this useless person here only adds to the trouble."
What's going on?
Uncle Chen actually called Gu Chen useless to his face?
From what I remember, Uncle Chen was always cold to Gu Chen but never this hostile.
Is there something I don't know?
Wu Anqi was full of doubts.
"In that case, I won't bother. You handle it yourselves."
"Wu Anqi, let's go!"
Gu Chen spoke up, turning to leave.
"If you're leaving, then get lost quickly. Don't stay here being an eyesore as if you can handle this!"
Chen Qianchuan, supporting his waist, struggled to stand.
"Seems I didn't hit you hard enough. Still can't speak properly. Need me to teach you some more?"
Gu Chen showed no mercy.
"You..."
Chen Qianchuan shrank back, his newfound courage evaporating instantly.
"I'm not dead yet, so don't think you can bully my family!"
Chen Youde's face darkened, and he shouted angrily.
"You're no better. Ungrateful. Have you forgotten how you owe your life?"
Gu Chen always treated people as they treated him. Previously, he tolerated much because he didn't want Aunt Jiang to be caught in the middle.
Now that Aunt Jiang had left the Chen family, he had no more reservations.
"..."
Chen Youde's face turned red with anger, unable to speak, and he let out a heavy snort.
Gu Chen turned to Chen Wantai: "Anything else to say?"
The old man and second brother together were no match for him.
Chen Wantai didn't want to embarrass himself, so he pretended not to hear and changed the topic: "Dad, second brother, let's not waste time here. Let's go inside and solve the problem."
"You're right. Let's go!"
Chen Wantai and Chen Qianchuan didn't want to stay any longer and hurried inside.
"Let's go. Don't just stand there. Since the Chen family is here, Rainie should be safe," Gu Chen said.
Wu Anqi shook her head: "I won't be at ease until I see Rainie myself. Just come with me, okay?"
She blinked and tugged at Gu Chen's arm, pouting.
Who can resist a woman pouting?
Gu Chen couldn't refuse: "Alright, just a quick look, then we leave. As you saw earlier, my relationship with the Chen family is terrible. I don't want to get involved."
"I understand, I understand!" Wu Anqi agreed quickly.
She wisely didn't ask why Gu Chen had fallen out with the Chen family, planning to ask at a better time.
Inside the lobby, it was a complete mess, everything smashed.
The scene was disastrous!
"What kind of deep hatred would lead to such destruction?" Wu Anqi shuddered.
Gu Chen said nothing.
Earlier, Chen Wantai mentioned the He family. Could it be they turned against each other because of He Xiumei?
There was another possibility, though less likely.
Gu Chen had "reasonably" reminded He Yuan, without mentioning the Chen family, so it shouldn't be related.
However, Gu Chen didn't know about the He family's matriarch.
He Yuan, having misunderstood, blamed the Chen family, leading to the destruction.
"Stop!"
"Everyone stop and listen! This must be a misunderstanding!"
Chen Youde and his sons shouted as they ran.
By now, He Siming had reached the third floor with his men.
Chen Yuwei wasn't harmed or missing, just following behind, trying to explain.
"Misunderstanding? What misunderstanding? I don't see any misunderstanding!"
"You three must think I'm young and easy to fool. But let me tell you, no way!"
"Men, tie them all up!"
He Siming ignored the explanations and gave orders.
He spared Chen Yuwei because she was a woman and pretty, out of pity.
But the men, they weren't getting any sympathy!
"Young Master He, we're innocent. We didn't attack Master He."
"Yes, we are trying to curry favor with the He family. Why would we do such a foolish thing?"
"Siming, tie them up if you must, but I'm your uncle. Let me go."
Chen Youde and Chen Wantai explained desperately.
Chen Qianchuan's words made them freeze and glare.
"Second brother, are you even making sense?"