ABCFWGR Chapter 67 Messed Up
"Next, I announce that the pharmaceutical cooperation enterprise, after careful consideration and comprehensive evaluation, we have chosen the Chen Group!"
Gu Chen said in a calm tone.
To Chen Wantai's ears, it was like a thunderbolt.
"..."
Chen Wantai was so shocked that he couldn't close his mouth.
This was not just a turn of events, it was like a pie falling from the sky... no, it should be raining gold.
"Yuwei..."
Chen Wantai was extremely excited, about to share with his daughter, only to find that Chen Yuwei had already disappeared without a trace. He immediately ran after her.
However, halfway there, he turned back.
Like a strongman, he lifted Li Junjie and chased after her.
In an instant.
His back wasn't sore anymore, his legs weren't tired, and he could climb seven floors in one breath.
"Alright, I won't waste everyone's time anymore. I hope everyone has a good time and enjoys themselves."
"Come in joy, leave in joy!"
Liu Hanyan raised a glass of champagne from the emcee's tray, inviting everyone to drink together.
Everyone raised their glasses in response.
As the glasses clinked.
Liu Hanyan smiled gracefully at everyone, then walked to the side with Gu Chen.
"Although the pharmaceutical company is under your full responsibility, I'm still curious. The behavior of the Chen family was so excessive, why did you still choose to cooperate with the Chen Group in the end?" Liu Hanyan was puzzled.
"Because Aunt Jiang is still in the Chen family," Gu Chen's answer was concise.
As long as Aunt Jiang is still in the Chen family, he would not hesitate to cooperate to ensure a better life for her.
Liu Hanyan seemed to understand his thoughts and nodded, "Aunt Jiang must be very good to you, right?"
At this, Gu Chen shook his head.
Seeing Liu Hanyan's puzzled expression, he explained, "Not only is she good, she treats me like her own child, and even more so."
These words may not sound like much.
But... Liu Hanyan had heard some of Gu Chen's past from her brother, and hearing these words now, she couldn't help but feel a little tearful.
Afraid that Gu Chen would make fun of her, she quickly turned her head away and wiped the glistening tears from the corner of her eye.
At this moment, she inexplicably felt a sense of empathy with him.
"Miss Liu, I'm sorry for being late to your banquet."
It wasn't until the banquet was nearing its end that Wu Anqi arrived, hurriedly expressing her apologies to Liu Hanyan.
"Miss Wu, you really don't value my banquet." Liu Hanyan teased.
To be honest, she had a favorable impression of Wu Anqi, who seemed clever but actually had no ulterior motives.
"It's not like that, I was prepared to come early, but it's all my dad's fault. He insisted on borrowing a luxury car from someone else, and it broke down halfway here." Wu Anqi sighed in frustration.
Wu Building Materials was only considered upper-middle class.
Chapter 67 Messed Up
If it weren't for their complicated relationship of being both enemies and friends, the Wu family wouldn't have been invited at all.
After all, it was a society where one should first respect those who were higher in status before respecting others. Wu Dayong's actions were understandable.
"No need to sulk, but you came late, you missed quite a show." Liu Hanyan smiled, changing the subject.
Wu Anqi suddenly became interested, "Tell me, what show?"
"Go ask your good friend." Liu Hanyan teased, deliberately teasing her.
Wu Anqi frowned, "Miss Liu, you... are you doing this on purpose? Talking halfway through is very unfair!"
Seeing her frustrated expression, Liu Hanyan couldn't help but laugh.
She hadn't noticed before, but she was actually quite interesting.
At this moment.
A sturdy figure appeared at the door.
There was no way to ignore Cui Hanshan, who was over two meters tall and had a body like a small mountain, as he stood out too much.
"I'll be back in a moment."
Gu Chen spoke, "No need to wait for me, I'll go back by myself later."
The banquet was nearing its end, and Liu Hanyan didn't mind, but Wu Anqi was a bit regretful, she hadn't had enough yet.
In a corner outside the door.
Gu Chen walked over slowly and got straight to the point, "Is it taken care of?"
Cui Hanshan had a stern face and shook his head.
"With your strength, even if someone came to their aid, they wouldn't have been able to escape. Did you let them go?" Gu Chen boldly analyzed.
"Someone helped them, not from the Li family, but a woman. I didn't have a chance to make a move." Cui Hanshan felt embarrassed, trying hard to control his anger, and took out something from his body and handed it over.
A red leaf.
Gu Chen held it between his fingers and narrowed his eyes, "She hasn't shown herself recently, I thought she had calmed down, but she has been lurking in the dark all along."
"Did she say anything else?"
Gu Chen's fingers moved, and the red leaf instantly turned to dust.
Cui Hanshan clenched his fists, "She didn't say anything, and she didn't fight me. She just kept interfering with me. If we really fought, she might not be my opponent."
What made him angry was precisely this.
A pure toad crawling on his face, not biting anyone, but disgusting nonetheless.
"It's not your fault, she's targeting me." Gu Chen empathized.
The woman's ghostly agility was rarely matched in the world. Even Cui Hanshan, in his opinion, might not be her match, as even Gu Chen had been toyed with by her.
"I messed up this matter. The challenge wasn't accepted, and now, you name a person, and I'll go help you kill them." Cui Hanshan was straightforward.
He didn't doubt Gu Chen's ability to solve problems for him.
In his opinion, Gu Chen's strength was above his, so there was no need to use dubious promises to deceive him into serving for three years.
"Control your temper. I don't have enemies everywhere, nor do I kill people at the drop of a hat. I don't have so many enemies to kill."
"Let's wait for the Li family's reaction first."
Gu Chen smiled helplessly.
However, Cui Hanshan's temper suited him. Otherwise, he wouldn't have kept him.
As for the Li family's reaction, it would determine the fate of their entire family.
"Whatever, I don't care about your character. Just let me know if you need to kill someone."
"Also, if nothing happens recently, I might leave Lin'an for a while."
Cui Hanshan was straightforward.
"Go do what?" Gu Chen was curious. His injuries had just healed, and he hadn't grabbed the Five Elements Spirit Herb yet. What was he in such a hurry to do?
"Of course, to pay a visit to the families of the seven people who attacked me that day." Cui Hanshan didn't beat around the bush.
At this, he even subconsciously glanced at Gu Chen, his eyes seemingly filled with a desire for battle.
Knowing that he wasn't Gu Chen's opponent, otherwise, he would have avenged this grudge on the spot.
"Interesting, this is a big deal. If I stop you, it will seem like I'm heartless."
Gu Chen laughed, seemingly ignoring the hint of battle in his eyes.
He couldn't help but think of what Cui Hanshan had said that day, reminding each of those people's families to strengthen their defenses.
If he wasn't tied up, he really wanted to go and see.
"Don't worry, if the Li family moves, I'll rush back immediately. I won't leave you with no one to rely on."
Cui Hanshan thought for a moment and said, "Also, since you promised to solve my problem, I won't say much more. But you have to give me a specific date, you can't make me wait for three years."
NEXT